Didcot Station (approx. 4 miles away) has regular, direct services to London Paddington
- National Rail Enquiries – Official source for UK train times and timetables
- National Rail | National Rail Enquiries & Tickets | Trainline (thetrainline.com)
Bus routes Connector X35 and City43 stop at East Hendred. They do not go through the village, but stop on the A417.
X35 runs frequently between Didcot and Wantage/Faringdon. City43 runs twice daily to Wantage (AM peak) and Oxford, via Abingdon (PM peak).
- Real Time Bus Information can be found here Home | Oxontime
- Thames Travel: 01865 785400 or Oxford Bus Company and Thames Travel
- Thames Travel Timetables:
City43 – Oxford Rail Station to Wantage | Oxford Bus Company and Thames Travel
Connector X35 – Didcot to Faringdon/Wantage | Oxford Bus Company and Thames Travel
For real-time bus information on a mobile phone, install the Oxford Bus app.
Taxis Local mini-cabs operate from Didcot, Wantage and Abingdon. Taxi companies include:
- Pryors Taxis of Didcot – Tel: 01235 812345
- Webbs of Wantage – Tel: 01234 772000
- Go Green Taxis of Didcot, Wantage/Abingdon – Tel 811100